In this informative content we are going to discuss about the Exchange server application developed by Microsoft Corporation. We’ll also highlight the trending topic of “EDB to Office 365” migration. Also, There have been multiple queries, Some are mentioned below:
“I have a collection of multiple EDB files. I want to transfer all the data to my O365 account. Please suggest me a suitable method to migrate all my Exchange server data to my O365 account.”
“Is it possible transfer the Exchange database to Office 365 account using a manual methodology for same in Windows 10. Please Suggest an optimal solution!!!!!! ”
The Microsoft Exchange Server
The Exchange server is a mail/ calendaring server application by Microsoft. It runs on the Windows server editions 4.0 and 5.0 exclusively and comes bundled with an email client i.e. Microsoft Exchange. The Exchange application uses popular EDB file format.
The Office 365 Application
The Office 365 is an application developed by the Microsoft corporation. It provides subscription plans with access to services made available on the web based cloud service. The services provided include the Word, Powerpoint, Onenote, Publisher and Access.
Manual Solution to Migrate Exchange EDB to Office 365
There are certain methods provided by the Microsoft to perform such migration. The user can select the method based on the Exchange environment consisting the number of mailboxes and the time required in which the user can easily complete the migration process. The following are methods that can be followed:
- Cutover Migration.
- Third party utility.
Choose the Suitable methodology – Exchange EDB to Office 365
- Cutover Migration – Mailbox with 150 emails can be migrated very easily
The following steps should be followed:
- Create or Add Empty security groups in Office 365.
- Carry out the verification on your domain with your Office 365 account & make sure the domain is owned by you.
- Connect & maintain the connection between the Office 365 account and the mail system.
- Create a batch to add multiple EDB files in order to migrate them in a single cycle.
- Intiate the cut-over migration process and route your emails to Office 365 application.
- The Process would be completed successfully and Delete the Cut-over migration batch.
- Assign the necessary licenses for the Office 365 account for the exported contacts.
The best Optimal Solution – One stop Utility
The above mentioned are the steps to transfer the Exchange EDB to Office 365 account. The steps are simple but it might be difficult for a user to perform the certain steps without prior technical knowledge. Thus, It is always recommended that the user should go for a third party software to perform easy and hassle-free experience. One of such effective utilities available in the market is the “Exchange to Office 365 Migrator” developed by the brand “SysTools”. Following are the features provided:
- Export Exchange EDB to Office 365 account easily.
- Compatible with the EDB files from Exchange server 2016, 2013 & all below versions.
- Scan and Load Exchange EDB file results.
- Customised Export methods: emails, contacts, calendars, tasks & Journals.
- Filters with date and time constraint to transfer data from EDB files.
- Compatible with both dismounted and Offline Exchange Database files.
- Supports the Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Operating system
The Final Words
In the Above mentioned content we have discussed the Microsoft Office 365 mailing application and the Microsoft Exchange Server application. We have illustrated the manual approach to migrate the data in EDB to Office 365. We have also described a third party software to perform the migration. As the manual approach requires technical knowledge as a prerequisite for the user to perform the task at hand very easily. Thus in case of any issue arises we have also described a third party solution for the same.