Microsoft has developed various applications, Exchange Server is one of them. Mainly it works as an email server as well calendaring server. There are many versions of Exchange Server and in this article, we will discuss exchange 2010. Also, learn Exchange Server 2010 restore deleted mailbox.
Sometimes users may delete their important file by mistake from the Exchange mailbox then he/she only look for a solution to restore deleted mailbox Exchange 2010. In Exchange server, the retention period is 30 days. Once the retention period is over the mailboxes got permanently delete from the recovery database.
Possible ways to Retrieve Deleted Emails in Exchange 2010
There are many reasons to lose important email files. Sometimes, the user deletes an important mail instead of deleting junk mail items. If You have thousands of email, then it is quite irritating to check one by one email & then delete it. Therefore, here you will get the exact solution if you want to recover deleted mailbox Exchange 2010. You are providing two methods,
- Manual Method
- Professional solution
Manual Method for Exchange Server 2010 Restore Deleted Mailbox
There are different Manual methods to connect with disconnected Exchange 2010 i.e., Exchange Management Shell (EMS) & Exchange Management Console (EMC) in Exchange Server.
Retrieve deleted emails by using EMS:
For this method the user needs follow the given syntax
– Database DatabaseIdentity
– User NewUserIdentity
[-ActiveSyncMailboxPolicy PolicyID] [-Alias Alias]
[-DomainController DCName] [-ManagedFolderMailboxPolicy PolicyID]
[-ManagedFolderMailboxPolicyAllowed <$true | $false>]
[-Archive <$true | $false>] [-Equipment <$true | $ false>]
[-Room < $true | $false>] [-Shared <$true | false$>]
[-ValidateOnly <$true | false$>]
[-LinkedCredential Credential] [-LinkedDomainConroller DCName]
Exchange 2010 mailbox deleted recover by using EMC:
1. Open Exchange Management Console.
2. A dialog box will appear in the EMC, expand Recipient Configuration node.
3. Now choose the Disconnected Mailbox node under it.
4. By right clicking on the mailbox, which one you want to recover click on Connect.
5. A dialog box will appear to Connect Mailbox, choose mailbox type.
6. Click on Next button.
7. From mailbox setting in connect mailbox dialog box, choose Existing User & click on Browse.
8. From the select user dialog box choose the user account to which the mailbox has to be connected, click on OK.
9. In Alias box, put the mailbox name, click on OK.
Professional Solution Exchange server 2010 restore deleted mailbox
In the above section, we have discussed how a user can recover his erased mailbox by using the manual method. There are two options in manual methods but both have some limitations. The most important thing is to perform the above methods one should be perfect in technical skills. In EMS method you have to follow the accurate syntax only then you will succeed to retrieve deleted emails in Exchange 2010. Whenever the retention period is over i.e., 30 days, all deleted email got vanished from recovery database. But your mail items are still present in your system. In this situation, the manual method fails to recover the mailbox and only a professional tool can be become helpful for Exchange server 2010 restore deleted mailbox.
- This tool supports to recover deleted emails from Exchange mailboxes.
- Date–time-based filtering option is available.
- This software can recover permanently deleted mailbox from EDB mailboxes.
- Recover Exchange mailboxes to MS Outlook, Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- Repair EDB to PST as well as save EDB as EML or MSG.
- Easy to operate and no requirement to be perfect in technical skills.
- Efficient and accuracy in the result.
In the above piece of information, you are provided all the possible ways to recover deleted emails in Exchange 2010 by manual method. If you don’t want to stuck in a lengthy and time-consuming process and looking for an instant solution then you should proceed with a third-party tool. In the query section, you have suggested a software and this software is completely perfect for Exchange Server 2010 restore deleted mailbox.
Latest posts by James smith (see all)
- Complete Guide on How to Insert Page Number in PDF Files - January 17, 2018
- Convert Excel Contacts to Outlook Address Book in 6 Simple Steps - January 13, 2018
- Learn How to Remove Background Watermark From PDF Documents - January 13, 2018