As Microsoft has moved its email communications to the cloud server, many organizations have decided to move to Outlook 2013 or 2016. It offers a better alternative at less price with more features. This post describes the perfect ways on how to transfer Lotus Notes email to Outlook 2013. It mentions all the regular steps to migrate complete mailbox including emails, contacts, notes, tasks, events etc. Read the following post to find out the best solution to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST.
Reasons to Migrate IBM Notes to Outlook 2013
Following are some of the main causes that enables business organizations to transfer Lotus Notes email to Outlook are:
- Expert professional is needed to maintain, configure and administer IBM Notes.
- Change in IT infrastructure is also one of the reasons to migrate Domino Server mailboxes to Exchange.
- There are only handful of professionals that understand Notes client completely.
- Company merger or acquisition enables adding mailboxes from Notes NSF to Outlook.
- It is very costly to maintain Lotus Notes mailboxes over Microsoft Outlook.
How to Transfer Lotus Notes Email to Outlook 2013?
Here are the steps to take backup of Lotus Notes emails in CSV format and uploading to Outlook client:
Step 1: Export Lotus Notes Email to CSV
- First, launch the IBM Notes application on Windows PC.
- Then, go to File >> Export for migrating Notes to Outlook.
- From the File name field, create a new file by setting a name and extension as .csv.
- From the Save As Type field, select Comma Separated Value.
- From the Export dialogue box, select All Documents to export NSF to CSV.
- Next, select an appropriate option for to view titles and select the Export Character Set.
- Finally, click OK to export notes to CSV.
Step 2: Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook 2013
- First, launch the Outlook Mail client and go to File >> Open >> Import/Export.
- From the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file >> Next.
- From the Import from a File dialogue box, select Comma Separated Values and click Next.
- Next, Browse to the folder location where the Lotus Notes CSV file is saved.
- Then, select an appropriate option for duplicates and click Next.
- Finally, select the Outlook email folder where the resultant files will be saved.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Manual Method
Some of the listed merits of manual approaches are:
- Migrate Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook: Use the manual method to transfer complete email folder with attachments to Microsoft email client.
- Universal Method: This procedure is applicable to all versions of Outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016.
- Free of Cost: This process to export Lotus Notes to Outlook 2013 manually comes at no extra cost to company or user.
- Supports Multiple CSV Formats: Migrate IBM Notes emails to different types of .csv files. This includes default character set, International(UTF-8) and UNICODE format.
Some of the listed demerits of manual approaches are:
- Data Integrity Not Ensured: There is no guarantee that exported emails will have the exact formatting or folder structure as in the original mailbox.
- Confusing Steps: The manual solution to migrate Lotus Notes emails to Outlook may be technical jargon for a non-technical user.
- Risky Procedure: It requires careful precision as any misstep may lead to data loss.
- Not for Multiple Mailboxes: For companies, those are migrating multiple mailboxes from Lotus Domino server to MS Exchange server, then it is impossible to use this method to move each mailbox one at a time.
Perfect Solution to Migrate Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook
Often the manual solution can be quite time-consuming and lengthy. Many users look for an alternate solution online to make the task easier. They look for solutions in third-party tools that can transfer Lotus Notes email to Outlook 2013 directly. One such tool is the NSF to PST Converter. It is a perfect solution for every user in a company, business or at home. It is a very easy-to-use application with a simple interface that even a non-technical person can also understand. There are some advantages of this solution like:
- Compatibility: The Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter is compatible with Lotus Notes 9.0, 8.0, 8.5, 7, 6 & below versions.
- Migrate Lotus Notes/Domino to Office 365: Export IBM Notes mailboxes to the latest Microsoft cloud servers using O365.
- Domino Server to Exchange Migration: A professional software to migrate multiple Domino mailboxes to Exchange servers in an organization.
- Works with Encrypted Emails: The software can convert encrypted emails in NSF file to Outlook PST format.
There is a recent increase in the number of organizations shifting from Lotus Notes email client to MS Outlook. This is mainly due to the introduction of cloud communication and collaboration introduced by Microsoft from this version. This offers more secure and safer way to communicate with employees, clients and customers. This post describes two valid ways on how to transfer Lotus Notes email to Outlook 2013. An efficient and professional tool is also discussed at the end that can make the entire task much easier.
Latest posts by James smith (see all)
- Know How to Transfer Lotus Notes Email to Outlook 2013 - October 29, 2017
- Exchange Server 2010 Restore Deleted Mailbox Easily - October 29, 2017
- Fix Exchange Server Eseutil Jet Error 1032 in 2003/2007/2010 Database - October 29, 2017